Monday, June 4, 2012

Completion of Week #1

Well the week got started off on the right foot.  I got lots done Monday and started going through some boxes in the back room.  That is until I had a reminder of being at a certain place - 5 minutes after I was supposed to be there.  I did get rid of a handful of boxes and filled another x-large box up about half way with garbage.  I seemed to have ended there on that project for the rest of the week.  I did notice that the kids took a lot better care of the back room.  If somebody made a mess, I could guarantee somebody else would tell me that it was a mess.  If I caught someone back there, with any kind of mess, they would jump (because I caught them) and then promise to clean up their mess (which they did).  I think my cry/sobbing and yelling at the kids on Monday because of the disaster made an impression on them. 

I decided not to do the garage although I thought about it a few times, but there was always something more pressing that needed to be done.  I will get to it, when I don't know, but I will!!!

Church - now that was a chore!!!  We had two cleaning assignments.  We had all the bathrooms, mother's lounge, cultural hall and the hallway around the cultural hall. Over 2 hours later we were finally walking out the door.  I was exhausted.  Granted this came after working out in the yard all day.

That leads me to the last - Garden.  We were able to plant more in our garden this weekend, only to find out that it is going to freeze on Tuesday.  That is later then most years.  UGH!  I have beans coming up, and sure more - just didn't look.  We planted the tomatoes, peppers and a few starts of cucumbers and zucchini that we had.  It looks pretty good.   To top off the garden work (no pun intended) we put up the top railing to the fence.  It is finally 6 feet tall.  Hopefully this will keep the deer out!!!  We just have one more row of railing in the middle to put up.  Next paycheck and it will all be built.  We will need to put a coat of oil stain on it so the wood will last a long time.  Many years of wanting it built and it is now close to being done.  YEAH!!! Now to figure out how to keep the plants from freezing tomorrow night.


I didn't get everything done that I wanted to get done this week, but I made some progress.  Pat on the back for what I did get done!!!  Hopefully that pat is hard enough that it will move me forward onto the next tasks for this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.