Saturday, January 12, 2013

Week #10 Focus Area - Master Bedroom Cupboard

This cupboard has become a catch all.  It is the place to hide stuff from the kids (and the parents), put something away that doesn't have a home, medicines, memorabilia, and many more things.  I have been dreading all week to tackle this project.  It is a very deep cupboard and it is full and almost overflowing.  But I did do it and even though my back is now sore, I am so glad I did it.  

I didn't get a before picture before I started, but did it part way through.  First picture is just the bottom shelf stuff that is on the bed.  I lost my bed when the second shelf came out.  It was a mile deep!!! :D

So what did it look like during and after ...

BEFORE/DURING

This is the stuff from the bottom shelf only!!!
Before - with bottom shelf emptied with new organizers to get a fresh start.

AFTER
It is still full but it is organized.
I found lots of stuff I haven't seen in a long time.  I started a yard sale pile.  Filled two garbage bags full of garbage (novel idea - haha).  Went through all the memorabilia and sorted them by child and put them in binders or pizza boxes (clean ones) that the teachers sent home with their school work in it.  I just added more to it.  To top it all off - I found 9 bottles of Elmer's glue.  What am I going to do with 9 bottles?  Guess I won't have to buy it next year for school. :D
Well, our first 10 week challenge for Magic10 is now completed.  We are taking a few week break and then back at it again.  I am so glad to be able to do this program.  It is giving me the encouragement to push forward in getting myself organized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.