Thursday, March 21, 2013

What happened!!!!

Today was a "crawl in the corner and die" type of day.  I have been doing fairly well at keeping my house up for the last few months, which is a huge accomplishment.  I didn't mind people stopping in because the floors were picked up and dishes done.  The last two weeks have been a different story.  Last week was spend helping a sick hubby, getting ready for a spur of the moment trip home for a funeral and running too many errands.  The house started falling apart last week.  I left for 4 days and left all the boys home (including dad).  Unfortunately, the mess I left at home (I tried to get it cleaned up but ran out of time) turned into a hurricane type mess by the time I got home.  This hurricane mess was 'my fault' I was informed because I brought the stuff in from the car.  :(  Yep I told the girls to empty their backpacks and scatter it all over the living room - NOT!!! 

While I was home at the funeral I caught the bug that my hubby had earlier in the week and became VERY ill.  So bad that my trip got extended one more day because I didn't feel well enough to drive 8 hrs.  I felt a lot better on Sunday and so I came home. For it to come back again on Monday and Tuesday.  Today I laid down with the baby around 10-11 AM and woke up around 3 PM.  UGH!!!  Needless to say, I haven't got anything done in the house.  The only thing that has been done is it is getting worse.  I am really struggling with having the motivation to even start because it has gotten so bad. 

Now for the reason that caused me to want to crawl in the corner and die.  I had to run off to a meeting tonight and so left the older boys in charge of getting dinner and cleaning up the living room.  I knew there was somebody coming over while I was gone and so I wanted the living room picked up.  When I got home I found out that popcorn was on the menu for dinner - which was now scattered all over the living room and made it look worse and they didn't even pick up the living room.  This gentlemen showed up to interview my oldest son and when I got home I found out that they went into my room to do the interview.  At least there wasn't any lingerie laying around the room - but I wanted to die that they took them in that room.  Not only did he see my messing living room - but he had to see my messy bedroom also.  They sat on my disheveled bed that wasn't made because I slept in for a good part of the day and looked at all the girls clothes that are scattered all over my room.  Ugh!!! Hope this moment finally gives me the motivation tomorrow to start cleaning.  At least I am going to bed with the kitchen sink empty (except a few glasses).  Let's see if I can fit in cleaning, painting two bathrooms and a moment of sanity into my day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.