Monday, May 28, 2012

A New Start

So I didn't end up doing the Simplify 2012.  Too much going on around that time.  But now it is a time to purge and clean.  I have until the 21nd of July to get the house in order.  We have an exchange student coming to stay with us for a month and I need some sanity.  I need a house of ORDER!!!  While it is messy, my mind is a mess!!!  While there is clutter, I can't organize my thoughts or emotions.  It is time to do something about it!!!!  So this is what I am proposing.  I sat down the other day and made a list of what needs to be done before my deadline and listed it out by what to do each week. Here is my list:

May 28-June 2:
   Laundry
   Back Room
   Garden
   Garage
   Church

June 4 - 9:
   Boys Room
   Girls Room

June 11-16:
   Upstairs Bathroom
   Hallway

June 18-23:
   Master Bedroom

June 25-30:
   Downstairs Bedroom
   Living Room

July 2-7:
   Gone to Utah and Idaho

July 9-14:
   Kitchen
   Dining Room

July 16-21:
   Laundry Room
   Whatever else needs done

Each Sunday I will sit down and look at the chores to be done that week and break them down to more doable portions. 

Each day I a plan on working one hour in the yard, whatever needs to be done and do a load of laundry. 

Then the rest of the week is going to be working on those areas.  I want to get rid of my "Elmo's World" walls (walls covered in crayon, marker, etc) and each room organized and extremely purged.  The are going to be fairly empty so that we can start over and learn to take care of a little.  As we are able to learn to take care of a little then we will add a little more at a time.

This is my self made goals for the next 2 months.  I will try to blog as I can so that you can see the progress.  Even if it just me that sees the progress, that is enough for me.  Just a warning in advance though.  I am going to be taking some before, during and after pictures.  The before pictures can be really scary.  For example, I am getting ready to head out to the back room.  I literally can't get into the room without stepping on books, toys and who knows what else.  It is a very scary room and can't believe I have let it go this long.  It is outside and I am a wimp to the weather so I have let the kids just make a mess of it.  I shouldn't say let as I discourage them from being in there, but I haven't made them take care of it either. 

Today I have already got a portion of the garden planted.  I have planted the stuff that can be planted before the last frost hits and hopefully it will come before they plants are up and then stay away until late Fall.  I will get a picture of this and then we will see the progress of the garden growing this year also.  Have a great day and off to do the Back Room.  Wish me luck that I don't get lost in the mess out there :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.